We are an ASBL/VZW incorporated in Belgium, registered at rue Victor Oudart 7, 1030 Brussels.
JA Europe reserves the right to change this policy at any point, therefore concerned parties are encouraged to check back regularly to ensure you agree with any modifications. This policy is effective from 18/01/2016 and last updated on 18/01/2016.
What we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including name, title, company, personal biography, birthdate, phone number, physical address(es) and email address.
- Demographic information such as location data, preferences and interests.
- Visitor hostname, IP address, browser type, referrer, system information and language.
- Other information relevant to surveys, consent forms, programme registration and/or invitation to events.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to understand your needs, so that we can provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Improvement of our programmes and services, such as event attendance and interest in certain materials on our website.
- Sending a promotional email about upcoming JA Europe events, programming news or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Customising the website according to your interests.
- Job applications and talent search
- Managing and improving all websites run by JA Europe
- Data collection for statistical and analytical purposes
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and audit requirements
We may disclose your personal data to our JA member organisations and data processors we work with outside of the EU, which may be located in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information with appropriate confidentiality arrangements, as described in the Privacy Statement.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps make our website work and analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
To learn more about specific types of cookies used by our websites, including retention periods, please review our Cookie Notice.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to accept cookies, you can withdraw your consent at any time by clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly update any information found to be incorrect.